MORRISON – A lengthy consent agenda with items for action were waiting for members of the Morrison City Council at the October 22nd meeting. Members learned that work is ongoing with the Low to Moderate Income survey, going door to door in November.
Brian Hollenback and Beth Payne, representatives from the Rock Island Economic Growth Corporation, presented information regarding the Northwestern Illinois Housing Coalition consortium agreement. This agreement, between several communities and organizations within the Rock Island Economic Growth Corporation area, is an agreement that allows these groups to join forces in order to apply for grant funding that will be used for housing stabilization projects.
Mayor Lee, Sterling, commented that the grant programs that the City of Sterling has participated in have been helpful in providing rehabilitated housing and neighborhood stabilization for the City of Sterling.
Alderman Wood moved to approve entering into a Consortium Agreement with Northwestern Illinois Housing Coalition for participation as a consortium member in the Northwestern Illinois Housing Coalition’s Rebuilding Northwestern Illinois Initiative.
- Bills Payable-$79,773.11 (approved)
- September 2012 Treasurer’s Report (approved)
- Change order DJ Sickley Cooling Unit Well #5 Electrical Room (approved)
- Change order DJ Sickley Well #5 Revised Pumping Assembly (approved)
- Pay Request #7-Layne Christensen- Well #5 (approved)
- Pay Request #8-DJ Sickley-Well #5 Well House (approved)
- Request for Street Closure-Chamber of Commerce-Christmas Walk-12-1-12 (approved)
- Request for Parade Permit-Chamber of Commerce-Christmas Walk (approved)
- Items for Consideration and Possible Action:
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Design Option - New or Refurbished. The recommendation of Baxter and Woodman Engineering Consultants is that the City constructs a new facility in order to improve, upgrade, and enhance its ability to treat waste water treatment regulations and policies as established by the EPA and the Illinois Environmental protection Agency. (Approved)
- Engineering Design Agreement - Baxter and Woodman - Design to be presented to the City, is an amendment to the existing agreement between the City and Baxter and Woodman. The agreement directs that Baxter and woodman shall prepare, complete and present the design of a new waste water treatment plant facility. (approved)